The beneficial effects of tea on overall health have been proven by lots of studies:
A finding (1) published in 2008 showed people who drank tea were less likely to have liver problems, including liver steatosis, liver cirrhosis and chronic liver disease.
Studies (2) have found that consume 3 cups of tea daily may lower the risk of getting depression.
Tea has been proven to be able to reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease(3), and those who drank at least 3 cups a day having a 21% lower risk than those who drank less than a cup per day.
Consume tea regularly may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, according to a meta-analysis published in 2014. (4)
Drinking one cup of green tea a day could reduce the risk of endometrial cancer by 11 percent. Green tea was also associated with lower risk of prostate cancer. (5)
A 2001 study (6)showed drinking tea can help to prevent the blindness and improve eyesight effectively, this is also thanks to the high levels of antioxidants tea contains.
Besides these benefits, drinking tea regularly is good for your wellness in many other ways:
1. Tea contains antioxidants, which protect your body from the ravages of aging and improve your skin.
2. Tea only contains about 1/3 of caffeine than coffee, an 8-ounce cup of tea contains only 30-40 mg caffeine, while coffee contains about 135 mg, means consuming tea instead of coffee has less chance to result in headaches, indigestion or problems with sleep.
3. A study showed people who drank tea for more than 10 years had more stronger bones than non-drinkers, means tea protects your bones.
4. Tea helps your body fight off disease by boosting the immune system. In a research, those who drank 5 cups of tea per day for a month had higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers than those who drink coffee instead.
5. Active compounds in tea helps to lower the levels of inflammation, thus preventing many ailments, such as arthritis, depression as well as cardiovascular disease.
6. Tea is a calorie-free beverage and it makes you feel satisfied. If you want to lose weight easily, then drink some cups of green tea every day, it has been shown to increase your metabolism and help you burn additional calories.
Some Healthy Types Tea You Should Be Drinking
According to a study, (7)consuming 3 or more cups of black tea per day can reduce the risk of stroke by 21 percent. And black tea also contains antioxidants, such as thearubigins and theaflavins, which have been shown to lower cholesterol levels. (8)
Green tea has been so popular since long time for its medicinal properties: Promotes weight loss, prevents diabetes, prevents heart disease, reduces the risk of cancers, prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, prevents high blood pressure and it also benefits to skin.
Oolong tea is a good fat burner, and it also contains niacin, makes it an excellent drink to detoxify the body.
White tea contains catechins, which helps fight cancers, according to American Cancer Society, drinking white tea regularly may help reduce the risk of cancer recurrence for breast cancer survivors.
The antioxidants in chamomile tea might prevent diabetes and kidney disease.
Drinking Echinacea tea often helps to prevent infections and fight off several illnesses.