Mold. Sometimes you can see it — that black or gray disgusting stuff growing in the grout or tiles in your bathroom. Other times, you can’t. You might not see it, but your body certainly knows it is there. Mold poisoning just might be making you sick and you don’t even know it.
A chemical responsible for the musty smell of mold may also produce symptoms similar to those of Parkinson's disease, according to a recent study conducted by researchers from Rutgers and Emory Universities and published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Preservatives and synthetic food agents found in foods inhibit oxygen and delay the development of fungus and mold, creating a longer shelf-life for products. But after being consumed, these toxins deprive human cells of oxygen and rob them of nutrients, thus leading to cell mutation and the perfect breeding ground for cancer.