Wednesday, July 02, 2008
WASHINGTON â A D.C. Council committee plans to hold a roundtable discussion on the Supreme Court's ruling that the city's handgun ban is unconstitutional.
Wednesday's discussion is scheduled one day after council member Phil Mendelson introduced legislation that would formally end the handgun ban.
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Americans have a right to own guns for
Despite the vehement protests from many of Switzerlands
cantons (states), the lower chamber of the nations Federal Assembly voted to
strip its citizens of gun rights, not by registering or confiscating firearms,
but by outlawing the storing of ammunition in the homes of the citizens.
The first time you or I confront terrorism - foreign or domestic - we become thefirst line of defense, and it's too late to call in anyone else. An armed law-abiding citizen is first line of defense for your own family and your country !
The politicians will tell us they want to protect us from firearms crime, by eliminating private ownership of firearms. This is the biggest lie of them all.
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20
million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
1) "The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference;they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
~ George Washington.
2) "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be
~ Alexander Hamilton .
3) "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve
order in the world as well as property."
~ Thomas Paine.
By Randall Mikkelsen
WASHINGTON, Nov 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court said on Tuesday it would decide whether handguns can be banned in Washington, D.C., a case that could produce a decisive ruling on whether individual Americans have a right to keep firearms.
The nation's highest court agreed to hear an appeal by the District of Columbia government arguing that the city's 31-year-old law banning private possession of handguns in the U.S. capital should be upheld as constitutional.
Says Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America, "Gun owners have a wonderful
opportunity with Goody Guns to counter the Zero Tolerance nonsense. Whether at
school, or any other place, Goody Gun cookies and other snacks should be
ostentatiously enjoyed. Yummmmmm!!"
Doty, who turned 18 last month, has been stopped by police twice in the past month after citizens spotted him with a loaded 9mm Glock pistol in a hip holster in plain view.
No citations were issued because Idaho code allows
residents 18 and older to openly carry a firearm in public. To carry a concealed
weapon, you must be 21 and have a permit.
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.