Sometimes, your health issues don’t make sense to you. You’ve eaten well, exercised well, and haven’t done anything major to screw up your health completely. So why do some diseases pop up randomly? A possible reason for this is a messed up pH balance.
How Does The pH Level Affect Your Health?
The pH (potential of hydrogen) scale determines if there’s something wrong with your acid–alkaline balance. The pH scale goes from 0 to 14, i.e., from high acidity at zero to high alkalinity at 14. Two conditions are based on this balance – acidosis, when your acid level is too high, and alkalosis, when your alkaline level is too high.
When the balance goes awry, you exhibit symptoms related to issues like osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer; you might also experience reduced muscle mass and cell degeneration. Here, your body is extremely acidic.
When your body tries to neutralize the pH, it will take the required minerals from elsewhere. For example, your body might use up calcium from the bones (causing osteoporosis) or potassium and magnesium (causing high blood pressure).
How To Neutralize pH Balance Through Foods
What To Avoid When Neutralizing The pH Levels
These foods are not bad for health in general but should be avoided when trying to get the pH balance right:
- White flour
- Grain products such as macaroni
- Alcohol *Coffee
Foods That Help Neutralize The pH Levels
- Acidic foods such as lemons, oranges, strawberries, and pineapples that alkalize when being digested
- Green vegetables such as kale, cucumber, broccoli, peas, sprouts, spinach, and green beans
- Other vegetables such as beet, cabbage, onions, and mushroom
- Fruits such as coconuts, grapes, raisins, apples, blackberries, cherries, watermelon, and bananas
- Nuts such as almonds and chestnuts
Drinks That Help Neutralize The pH Levels
- Alkaline drinks such as vegetable and fruits juices and coconut water
- Alkaline water that contains potassium, magnesium, calcium, magnesium, and bicarbonate and even a sodium bicarbonate solution, which can keep you extremely hydrated
- Beverages containing electrolytes
When you focus on trying to alkalize your body, there are good chances that your body starts lacking in other nutrients it requires in general. We’d recommend you to fill 60% of your diet with alkalizing foods and the remaining with acidic foods. You can get your pH balance back on track.
Ask your doctor to check your pH balance, go to a professional dietician for a diet plan that suits your condition, and follow it strictly. A balanced lifestyle will take you a long way on the road to good health.
Read original article here