I also opposed the Homeland Security Bill, H.R. 5005, which, in section 304, authorizes the forced vaccination of American citizens against small pox. The government should never have the power to require immunizations or vaccinations.
Ron Paul Congressional Speech, March 2006:
Mr. Speaker, the practice of rushing bills to the floor before individual members have a chance to study them contributes to public distrust of Congress. Voting on bills before members read them makes a mockery of representative government.
For example, just this past December the House voted on the fiscal year 2006 Defense Appropriations conference report at approximately four a.m. just four hours after the report was filed. Yet the report contained language dealing with avian flu, including controversial language regarding immunity liability for vaccine manufacturers
H. R. 2832 Comprehensive Comparative Study of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Populations Ron Paul, original co sponsor June22, 2007
To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct or support a comprehensive study comparing total health outcomes, including risk of autism, in vaccinated populations in the United States with such outcomes in unvaccinated populations in the United States, and for other purposes.
(5) The number of immunizations administered to infants, pregnant women, children, teenagers, and adults has grown dramatically over recent years.
(6) The incidence of chronic, unexplained diseases such as autism, learning disabilities, and other neurological disorders appears to have increased dramatically in recent years.
(7) Individual vaccines are tested for safety, but little safety testing has been conducted for interaction effects of multiple vaccines.
(8) The strategy of aggressive, early childhood immunization against a large number of infectious diseases has never been tested in its entirety against alternative strategies, either for safety or for total health outcomes.
(9) Childhood immunizations are the only health interventions that are required by States of all citizens in order to participate in civic society.