Botanical Name: Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc
Common Name: Cordyceps, Chinese caterpillar fungus
Source of Earliest Record: Bencao Congxin
Part Used & Method for Pharmaceutical Preparations: The fungus and the carcass of the larvae of various insects are collected in the period of the Summer Solstice (tenth solar term). They are cleaned and dried in the sun or baked.
Properties & Taste: Sweet and warm
Meridians: Kidney and lung
- To tonify lungs and kidneys;
- To stop bleeding;
- To resolve phlegm
- Deficient kidneys manifested as impotence, seminal emissions and soreness and pain in the lower back and knees. Cordyceps (Dongchongxiacao) is used with Dogwood fruit (Shanzhuyu), Dioscorea (Shanyao) and Dadder seed (Tusizi). The herb can also be used alone.
- Chronic cough and asthma or cough with bloody sputum due to lung deficiency. Cordyceps (Dongchongxiacao) is used with Glehnia root (Shashen), Donkey hide gelatin (Ejiao) and Tendrilled fritillary bulb (Chuanbeimu).
- Spontaneous sweating and aversion to cold due to weakness of the body or illness. Cordyceps (Dongchongxiacao) is cooked with chicken, duck or pork.
Cautions & Contraindications: This substance should be used cautiously in cases with exterior syndromes.
Cordyceps Sinensis is a well known and important ingredient in Chinesemedicine. It is very widely used both in clinical medicine and as a householdremedy. In the Compedium of Materia Medica, the great classicof Chinese medicine, Cordyceps is described in detail and is consideredpotent at strengthening lung and kidneys, increasing energy and vitality,stopping hemorrhage, decreasing phlegm, and as an overall tonic. However, as the sourcing and gathering of the herb is rare and difficult, so its supply often falls short of demand.Source The source of this product is Qinghai Province, Mainland China. According to the chemical analysis report from Chinese Academy of Medical Science, this product -- pure Cordyceps Sinensis contains the necessary Amino Acids of the human body such as Asp, Thr, Ser, Glu, Gly, Ca, Mg, Na, Vitamins....and so on.
It regulates and ensures the normal functioning of various parts of the body, strengthens the immune system and promotes overall vitality and longevity. This product provides tremenduous health benefits as listed below:
- It is very effective in tonifying arrhythmia with an efficacy up to 94%. When the product was applied to 200 different ailments, no toxic side effect was detected.
- It can be used as a substitute to natural Cordyceps Sinensis in the treatment of Chronic Nephropathy, Chronic Nephritis. Moreoer, it has a diuretic effect and is good for the prevention of Nephralgia.
- It helps strengthen the immune system of tumour patients who have received radiotherapy, Chemotherapy or operation. It is remarkable for stabilizing the hemogram, increasing the blood cells and protein for producing blood plasma, and for eliminating the ill effects after various therapies. Furthermore, the product is a synergist for reinforcing the efficacy of radiotherapy.
- It provides remarkable benefits for various Climatic Age Illness, Impotence, Emission, Neurasthenia, Rheumatoid arthritis, Cirrhosis, flabby waist and knee.
- It is also effective in lowering the lipoproteinemia level, and in preventing Arterio-Sclerosis, Coronary heart disease as well as certain other diseases related to blood vessels of the brain.
- It helps stimulate the immune system of the elderly and strengthen their resistance to illness. Frequent dosage can prevent senile disorders.
- aging is due to the insufficient secretion of sexual hormones. Cordyceps Sinensis is, in this regard, a hormone stimulator. Morever, the aging effect is to a large extent attributed to the rise of active monoamine oxidize enzyme inside the body and Cordyceps Sinensis can effectively inhibit the rising of such enzyme. Thus, it is an anti-aging medicine which helps regenerate the organic functioning of humans. After a three-week dose, patients with the aforesaid symptoms would feel promising improvement. In general, this product is a tonic good for bodily nourishment and for stimulating brain activity. Long-term administration can reinforce the body against foreign attacks, improve the organic functioning, strengthen the immune system and in turn help bring longevity.