by Barry Chamish
There is a wonderful new opportunity awaiting and I'll need your help to make it work. On Friday, Aug. 22, I moved the stakes up as high as I have yet. A feature article on me appeared in the far-left wing newsmagazine Kol Ha'ir and all signs are that it could be the opening we have all been waiting for, at a minimum to get the Rabin assassination reinvestigated in a court, or ideally, all of the lies within the Oslo "peace" process.
I am putting myself at great risk but my eyes are wide open. Please be there for me if this dangerous strategy works.
I have long known that the only way to put Israel on a survival track, is to convince the Left that they have been fooled. And the most direct route is the Rabin assassination.
So when Kol Ha'ir reporter Assaf Carmel informed me last Sunday that he wanted to write an article about the Hebrew edition of my new book, Save Israel!, I accepted and prepared myself. I knew I was heading into a minefield and that a positive report from this Haaretz subsidiary was utterly impossible. But there WERE ways to get my points across to a broad leftwing audience. The tactics I decided upon were to goad the establishment into action despite the potential price to myself. And don't bother asking why I need this in my life. I don't even understand why anymore.
My plan was to build a major image transformation, one the Left, especially the young Left would come closer to relating to. And I didn't lie or deceive the reporter. I simply made a point of stressing my hippie youth, my growing up in a socialist home, my complete lack of association with any mainstream, especially, Right wing political movements. The picture I created was of an outsider in Israeli Bohemia, which really is not far off the mark to begin with.
Nothing tolls the death knell for any political interest group than to be pigeon-holed as Right Wing or Far Right. The mainstream media will ignore or mock it to ignomy or insignificance. If my work is to avoid the fate of ALL such movements for justice, I have to seek either the sympathy or visceral anger of the elites, and specifically, their children.
When Carmel first met me at my apartment, I showed him some of the documentation I had assembled. He was uninterested. However, I challenged him to examine the lot the week after the article appeared and he agreed. We'll see. Meanwhile, I knew by his questions that he was looking for salacious scoops and I carefully planted what he sought, while balancing personal details with the hard facts surrounding the Rabin murder and the sorry, mortal state our nation has fallen into.
The final result was what I expected, in fact, even better. First, there was a likelihood that the article would be the cover story for the week. A horrible act of terrorism in Jerusalem pre-empted that. However, I was given the secondary cover story, below the images of the death bus, with my photo within the text. Someone at this magazine has decided, for better or worse, to take me seriously. If nothing else, the phenomenon or so many Israelis believing me was recognized.
Next, and this is more important than perhaps many recognize, the newsmagazine printed a full page color photo of my by Rafi Kotz. It was respectful and friendly. Best of all, I looked quite handsome. I can thank the late Dr. Atkins for that. I have been on his diet for three months and most of my belly disappeared. The visual image was of a fit 51 year old, barefoot and casual. Kol Ha'ir, chose not to publish a photo that captured me at my worst. In fact, to their credit, they did me proud.
And the report was precisely as I anticipated. The reporter went for the weakest points in my book to prove that the rest is just as lying and wrong. BUT, and this is essential, Carmel also included some of my strongest evidence, ie. Rabin's 22 minute ride to the hospital, no gunpowder found on Amir's hands after police testing etc. and did not refute it, well could not, but it's the same. This is what I was after, and I got it, despite what preceded this victory.
However, it is what preceded it that has all the potential of blowing the Rabin murder and sundry scandals into full-blown national issues. No government official was available to or would comment on my claims. BUT, and here is our opening, the spokesman for Shimon Peres more than hinted that he would seek ways to shut me up. More to the point, he expressed confusion as to why I wasn't hushed up.
I think this time, there's a chance they'll do it. The game field has switched from the religious and right wing media, can successfully ignored, to Kol Ha'ir, in the heartland of the Left. The portrait was hardly sympathetic but it dispelled the false image of me being in the Kach camp of Israeli politics and replaced it with that of someone very close to the thinking of the Left. Which is not far off the mark anyway. While on security issues, I identify with the Right in real life, on all kinds of moral issues, I'm much closer to the Left. In short, I'm an anti-New World Order writer, something which has no place in either the mainstream Israeli Left or Right.
Which could leave me unprotected without you. If the establishment comes down hard on me through whatever dirty means, let's be prepared. May I suggest the following immediate courses of action:
1. I have been holding something in escrow for the day I have to fight for my life and that of my country. I have in my possession over 2500 pages of documentation not just on the Rabin murder, but proving incredible illegalities committed by the government and Shabak before the murder, when illegal incitement was the order of the day, and after, when panicked coverup took over. If they are confiscated, they have been copied. My plan is two-fold:
* I have some 20 Israeli attorneys on my e-mail list. In the past, a few have offered to work pro bono to sort out the evidence in court. Please make the offer again. If I am to defend myself in a libel suit, I have the weapons to win with your help.
* It would be very nice if police stations across the country were bombarded with complaints. Let the police finally investigate the crimes which have taken over our democracy. I will supply all documentation but there is more than enough to download at http://chamish.tsedek.com
While, I will be attacked on my soft spots, fight back with our strong points. A few practical proven crimes:
- We charge Rabin's bodyguard Yoram Rubin with perjury in his testimonies to the Shamgar Commission and at Yigal Amir's trial. He testified that Amir's bullet entered and penetrated his arm at the elbow, exiting at the shoulder. I will supply 20 pages of Rubin's hospital reports. He "suffered" a superficial graze, treated with iodine.
- We charge the pathologist Dr. Yehuda Hiss with medical malpractise and evidence tampering. While all other doctors including Gutman, Sneh and Barabash reported that Rabin's spine was shattered causing death, Hiss removed the wound from Rabin's autopsy. I will supply all medical reports, as well as tapes of Sneh and Barabash reporting Rabin's real wounds. If I'm not around to do so, Hiss' report and those of the other doctors are easily printed out from the website.
- We charge Avishai Raviv with perjury at his recent trial. Raviv testified that Amir never informed him of his murderous intent. Please visit the previously named web site and download Raviv's signed police statements of Nov. 5, 1995, within which, he testifies to hearing Amir's threats on numerous occasions. While Raviv cannot be re-tried on his previous charge of not preventing the assassination of a prime minister, we can get him back in court for perjury.
- We charge Shimon Peres with gross misconduct and dereliction of public service. As prime minister, Peres approved the Shamgar Commission's conclusions that Rabin was shot twice in the back. I will supply a videotape of him describing Rabin shot three times and once from the front.
- We charge former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Meir Shamgar with gross judicial misconduct for changing the time of Rabin's murder from 9:30 PM to 9:50. I will supply Amir's 9:30 arrest warrant, as well as a photo of his arrest at 9:30, proven by the watch worn by one the policemen. Please download Shamgar's conclusion and the arrest warrant from the site, print them out and submit to your closest police investigator.
- We charge Eitan Haber of evidence destruction based on his own testimony to the Shamgar Commission that he absconded with Rabin's possessions at Ichilov Hospital, while later admitting to Kol Ha'ir that on the same night he cleaned out Rabin's filing cabinets at the Prime Minister's office. In this complaint, we demand, finally, that Haber account for what he took and return it all to the police. I will supply Haber's testimony.
- We charge the Shabak's bodyguard unit with massive dereliction of duty by abandoning Rehavam Zeevi at the Hyatt Hotel in Jerusalem, leading to his murder. I request that some wise attorney seek the 1997 Knesset Law, legislating a bodyguard to all cabinet ministers whether they choose such protection or not. Submit a copy of the law to the police investigator. He'll understand the significance.
- We charge Rabin's driver, Menachem Damti with perjury for testifying to the Shamgar Commission and at Amir's trial, that he drove to Ichilov Hospital in less than two minutes. I will supply his testimony as well as the just-mentioned proofs that the ride actually took 22 minutes.
- We charge Yoram Rubin with perjury for testifying to the Shamgar Commission that Rabin was shot at 9:50, using the same evidence. I will fax you Rubin's testimony as to the time of the murder.
- We charge Rubin, Damti and Shamgar with conspiracy to alter evidence, by coordinating a new, later time of murder, using the same evidence.
- We charge Meir Shamgar with unlawfully dismissing evidence at the Commision Of Inquiry into the Hebron massacre. Please request a copy of the protocols of this commission from the Justice Ministry and you will find that three of the soldiers on duty that night testified that Goldstein entered the Cave Of The Patriarchs at 4:45 AM, carrying an M-16. Shamgar concluded that Goldstein entered at 5:20 carrying a Glilon rifle, without explaining how the soldiers could be mistaken. Once again, we charge Shamgar of changing the time of a crime.
- We charge Rubin and Damti of being accessories to the murder of Yitzhak Rabin by deliberately denying him medical treatment. Go back to the site and download the pictures of the two ambulances beside Rabin's limousine and issue a complaint demanding to know why Rabin wasn't offered the services of trained medical professional waiting ten feet away from him.
If you wish further documentation on all issues, call Yaacov Verker 050
591 when he returns from abroad in early September. He is chairman of The Public Committee To Reinvestigate The Rabin Assassination and possesses all the necessary filmed and written evidence.
- We charge Yoram Rubin with perjury for testifying to the Shamgar Commission and Amir's judges that Rabin helped him get up after he was shot and then jumped head-first into the limousine. I, or Verker if necessary, will supply the murder film to prove no such thing happened. I will also supply the testimonies of other bodyguards such as Adi Azoulai, that Rabin was forcefully pushed into the vehicle.
- We charge Menachem Damti with perjury for testifying to the Shamgar Commission that he was opening the door for Leah Rabin when he heard the first shot, and that he reacted by immediately jumping into the driver's seat, as he was trained to do. If I am not available, this and all previous testimonies are found in my book, Who Murdered Yitzhak Rabin. The Hebrew edition is available from Gefen Publishing 02 - 538 0247. It will guide you through the evidence. Leah Rabin was standing on the steps nowhere near her husband when Amir shot the blanks and Damti stayed outside after the shot. I will supply the murder film to prove Damti's perjury. Other evidence is found in the Hebrew edition of Save Israel!. Call 03
5569991, including the police tests of Amir's hands at 10:15 PM, revealing no metal particles or gunpowder was on them, an impossibility if he shot real bullets.
- We charge the chief judge at Yigal Amir's trial, Edmund Levy, with gross judicial misconduct for dismissing the testimony of police forensics expert, Inspector Baruch Gladstein, who proved scientifically that Rabin was shot at 0 range, about half a meter closer than Amir ever got to Rabin. We charge that Levy acted with full knowledge and intent in this dismissal of evidence. Inspector Gladstein's testimony is found on the website, as is the defence summation of attorney Jonathan Goldberg. Within the latter is more than enough proof that Judge Levy deliberately ignored and dismissed relevant evidence throughout the trial. Submit it all not just to the police, but also to the Israel Bar Association, demanding that both Levy and Shamgar be dismissed for blatant trial rigging and gross abuse of the Israeli judicial system.
The timing of the Kol Ha'ir article was uncannily awful. The slaughter on Jerusalem's streets will convince some from the Left that their leaders invited the bloodshed, and a few might even, finally, understand that Israelis are entitled to an official inquiry into the Oslo "peace" process. The most direct route will have to be the Rabin assassination because we've got the goods on the criminals.
That makes this article doubly dangerous for these self-same leaders. I have left myself wide open for retaliation and I've made the decision to suffer any consequences. But with your help, the price can be very high for those who brought our country and people so low.
I realize how the system is protecting its felons. Shamgar is being set up to legally establish casinos in Israel. He will be well rewarded for his advocasy of gambling. Yoram Rubin has just been appointed to organize security at the Israeli embassy in Washington, another fine reward for crime. Needless to say, Peres has been rewarded with his renewed leadership of the Labor Party.
The only protection I have is the evidence, and you. We are not without resources. If the Kol Ha'ir article does what it should and leads to calls for a crackdown on me, spread that evidence through every media and use the authorities to investigate what should have been honestly investigated years ago.
Then there is the other possibility: that I waited nine years to achieve a cover story in the country's leading left wing newsmagazine and it's ignored. In that case, consider all this a guide to breaking the Rabin and other truths someday when Israelis are prepared to give a damn.