by Lawrence Wilson, MD
© January 2010, The Center For Development
DISCLAIMER: This article and all material on this website is for educational
purposes only. It is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription
for any disease or condition.
Cancer is probably the most important disease of the twenty-first century. It wastes millions of lives. Almost one of every two Americans will be diagnosed with cancer, and the statistics are not that much better in other nations of the Western world.
Many more people develop cancer, but are never diagnosed properly and the cause of their death or disability is listed as a heart attack, diabetes or something else. For these reasons, cancer evokes terrible fear. Yet my experience with it is that it is far from “incurable”, particularly if it is:
1. Noticed early.
2. If one avoids radiation and chemotherapy, when possible, and,
3. If one is willing to commit to a program of deep healing.
This article will discuss cancer’s origins and natural approaches for its
A PROBLEM WITH CANCER AND NUTRITIONAL BALANCING SCIENCE
Several facts about cancer are essential for everyone to know:
1. Doctors know that cancer can be very advanced and not present any
major symptoms. Just last month, a friend called because his young son had
minor surgery for an abdominal problem. Much to everyone’s surprise, his
abdomen was full of cancer. This is unfortunately a common story.
2. Doctors all know is that cancer can be a fast-moving, fatal illness. We all know of people who are diagnosed with cancer, and they are gone within a few weeks or even less. This means that one must act quickly and decisively in some cases with this illness.
3. Nutritional balancing science is not a treatment or prescription for
any disease. Instead, it is a general and very thorough method of
detoxifying, rebuilding and rebalancing body chemistry. It is superb for
most physical and many mental and emotional health conditions, and often works
very quickly, but not necessarily. It all depends on the person.
Combining these facts above one can understand that for advanced cancers,
nutritional balancing may be too slow a method of correction. For this
Nutritional balancing science and hair mineral analysis are not recommended
as the best methods to heal advanced cancers at this time.
Having said this, nutritional balancing can be used as an adjunctive and supportive therapy for those who have elected to pursue conventional cancer treatment such as chemotherapy, radiation or surgery.
Later, when the cancer is in remission, one can rebalance the entire body with nutritional balancing science.
If one has advanced cancer and wishes to use only natural therapy, which I
support fully, then I only suggest one of the two methods discussed in one of
the sections below. Too many holistic doctors are not experienced enough
and the results are often not good with many alternative therapies.
CONVENTIONAL CANCER THERAPIES
Be careful with conventional cancer therapies. The drugs, and especially radiation, can cripple the body’s immune response. They should be reserved as a last resort, in my view, and rarely should they be used first, as they usually are. Do not allow people to put a lot of pressure on you in this area, if possible.
Cancer is often a frightening condition and even the word strikes fear in many people. This article and related ones on this website approach this scary subject differently, and far more hopefully than the medical way. The reason I can write this article is that in 30 years of nutritional consulting, I have seen MANY full recoveries from cancer, even advanced ones, without the use of drugs, surgery or radiation. This does not mean that the medical treatments are always wrong or bad. But it means that cancer is not incurable and one must not cut, burn or poison the body in the effort to heal it. In fact, these often get in the way of deep and complete healing.
I know that suggesting alternative methods of cancer care will sound
outrageous to some people, but it is true. In fact, several common errors
of the medical profession are totally inexcusable, in my view. They
1. Treating cancer as a local disease instead of a systemic one. This causes relapses or recurrences. These are nothing more than the progression of the same illness that was mistreated the first time, usually with surgeries or other methods that do not strengthen the system.
2. Using extremely toxic drugs and radiation as a first line of treatment, rather than last.
3. Ignoring really high quality nutrition, diet, drinking water, supplements, and lifestyle.
4. Ignoring other wonderful procedures such as coffee enemas and the daily use of a near infrared sauna.
5. Overcharging for cancer treatment. It does not matter if insurance pays for it. It is unconscionable how much some hospitals, doctors and drug makers charge for cancer-related treatments.
6. Falsifying research and statistics to mislead the public that they are
getting “the best treatment” when their actual results are miserable in most
As just one example, a “cure” for a medical cancer treatment is generally defined as no relapse for five years. If however, the patient relapses and dies after five years and one day, the patient is still counted as cured, when, in fact, the person died. This is bogus science, even if the study was done at Harvard University or some other prestigious place.
This corruption in the medical profession and medical research area is terrible and very sad. One must consult alternative sources of information about vaccines, drugs, cancer, nutrition and many other health topics today to become clear about the truth. Here is a quote from a book about cancer politics:
“The National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society have misled
and confused the public and Congress by repeated false claims that we are
winning the war against cancer – claims made to create public and Congressional
support for massive increases in budgetary appropriations.”
- Dr. Samuel Epstein, MD, author of The Politics of Cancer Revisited, 1998.
This is not an article about politics. I include this quote, however, because it introduces a 770-page book about the almost total corruption of government cancer research and the American Cancer Society. The “war on cancer” is largely a fraud and waste of taxpayer dollars, sadly, as it has become controlled by the pharmaceutical industry and its allies.
Alternative cancer methods, such as the two described in this article, have
been intentionally ignored and worse, lied about by the very agencies and
organizations people trust for information about cancer. This is important
information and is well-documented in The Politics of Cancer and similar books.
THE STORY OF CANCER
Cancer, according to many researchers, it a normal cell line of the body that expresses at the wrong time and place. The cell line is called the trophoblast.
The word trophoblast means “to nourish the blast or baby”. The cell line arises during the first eight to twelve weeks of pregnancy. Its function is to nourish the fetus until what is called the critical period of pregnancy, when the placenta grows and takes over the job of nourishing the fetus.
More primitive or simpler life forms, including some mammals such as kangaroos and others, never grow a placenta, as do most mammals including human beings. In these ancient and simpler life forms, the trophoblast was and is the only tissue to nourish the fetus during shorter pregnancies.
However, it was and is not adequate for the higher animals that require longer pregnancy periods for their more complex nervous systems and other organ development.
As our bodies age and break down slowly, this older tissue line becomes more
active and this is what we call cancer. This has been proven repeatedly in
many studies and was discovered as early as 1902 by John Beard, MD, a brilliant
embryologist and physician.
THE TROPHOBLAST AND THE KELLEY METABOLIC CANCER THERAPY
The Kelley metabolic cancer therapy is my number one favorite overall alternative program for cancer. I do not offer this therapy and I do not work with cancer at this time. Below is contact information to obtain it,, hoevever. Nutritional balancing, as stated above, is not a treatment or cure for any disease, but merely a way to balance body chemistry. I feel it is important to explain how the Kelley program works.
The program was designed by Dr. William Donald Kelley, DDS. Dr. Kelley was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 1968. He was given little hope of survival, and as a result, started reading about alternative cancer therapies, experimenting on himself with various natural therapies. He read about the trophoblast theory of canceer, and began taking pancreatic enzymes. He soon felt better, and he began to research deeper and share his discoveries. He continued to research and evolved a cancer protocol that he continuously refined for 35 years. Dr. Kelley died in 2009 from other causes (not cancer) at age 88.
He wrote a small book entitled One Answer To Cancer as a guide for patients. He was an excellent doctor and trained a number of doctors and consultants to continue his work.
The Kelley program, as it is called, is based squarely on the trophoblast
concept of the origin of cancer, and its results appear to me to be superior to
all other natural or medical cancer therapies in most cases if it is done
correctly. It involves:
1. An extremely healthful diet of purely natural foods with little animal protein, at first, and containing mainly cooked, not raw vegetables, with a little whole grains, and very little fruit or sweets.
2. Carrot and green juice, but only about 16 ounces, is also extremely helpful. To read more about this, read Carrot Juice on this website.
3. Near infrared light sauna therapy, and no other type of sauna may be utilized. This was brought to Dr. Kelley’s attention by Mrs. Pamela McDougle, a brilliant student who is still practicing today, and whom I recommend. The sauna must be used a minimum of twice daily and perhaps three times daily, for at least 30 minutes and up to 50 minutes at a time. For details on this type of sauna and free plans to build one, read Sauna Therapy on this website.
4. The use of coffee enemas every single day. Dr. Kelley recommended from one to three of these daily. Dr. Max Gerson, MD, who pioneered the use of the coffee enema, used even more. To read more on this fascinating procedure, read Coffee Enemas on this website.
5.Highly concentrated pancreatic enzymes, taken orally, between meals, in large quantities. These were suggested by John Beard, MD, and act a natural chemotherapeutic agent in a most remarkable manner that seems to allow the body to break down tumor tissue, which is not easy to do when the body is in a debilitated state.
6. Some basic supplements. Here Dr. Kelley gives full credit to my mentor, Dr. Paul Eck. He introduced Dr. Kelley to the work of Hans Selye, MD, George Watson, PhD, Melvin Page, DDS and others who elaborated the distinct relationships between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems, the stages of stress on an organism, the nutrients required in each stage of stress, and how to move the body from a less healthful and lower energy stage of stress to a higher energy stage of stress. The importance of these discoveries and their application in cancer and in all diseases cannot be overemphasized.
7. A healthful lifestyle. This means plenty of rest and sleep, excellent hygiene, and positive mental attitude are most helpful for healing cancer and all diseases, in fact.
Drawbacks of the Kelley program are:
1) The cost of the pancreatic enzymes, which can be $800-1200.00 per month for at least one or two years.
2) The program requires some discipline and time each day to carry out the various dietary and other procedures.
To make contact for the Kelley metabolic cancer therapy call Pamela McDougle at (208) 424-7600. She is the official representative of this therapy and the only one I recommend at this time. This is important because many doctors offer versions of this therapy. However, most change the therapy and this can be devastating. Cancer is not a disease to play with or experiment with!!!
PROTOCEL AND CANTRON
A second approach to healing cancer naturally is the use of a relatively inexpensive, liquid remedy called Protocel. While it is not a complete therapy like the Kelley program, I will mention it because it is much less costly and it can be combined with the sauna therapy, coffee enemas, diet and basic supplements that will enhance its effectiveness greatly.
At this time, Protocel is available via the internet. The cost is about $75.00 per month or so. A variant on Protocel is called Cantron. It may not be quite as strong, but reports indicates that it is helpful, and it is even less expensive.
Origins of Protocel. Protocel was developed almost 50 years ago by Jim Sheridan, a chemist by training. Sheridan lived in the Detroit, Michigan area. He originally called the formula Entelev and later it was called Cancell. Protocel is the latest and the best version of it. Cantron is very similar and seems to work okay, too..
Jim Sheridan worked closely with William Koch, MD. Koch was a brilliant doctor who, for a time, was the head of the Detroit Women’s Hospital. Dr. Koch was an amazing doctor and wrote a series of books that are mentioned at the end of this article. His case histories of cancer cures are unique in my experience. He, too, knew that most cancer is trophoblast. He wrote an entire book about what he called “the cancer parasite”.
How Protocel Works. Protocel works by a distinct method not unlike pancreatic enzymes, but different in a few respects. Protocel disables the energy-producing mechanism of the trophoblast, and only the trophoblast. This is an anaerobic, glucose-based metabolism that is subject to disruption by Protocel and this product alone.
In contrast, pancreatic enzymes seem to disable the trophoblast by a different mechanism having to do with catalase, hydrogen peroxide and cell destruction.
In addition, Protocel has components in the liquid that help the body dispose of the tumor. This is critical, as Dr. Max Gerson and others found that one of the most frustrating things about natural cancer therapy is that killing the cancer may be relatively easy, but disposing of the necrotic tumor tissue, which is highly toxic to the liver, is a serious problem that often killed the patient. Drs. Gerson used the coffee enemas, liver therapy and carrot juice for this purpose. Protocel uses some proprietary secret formula of ingredients that seems to do the same thing. The Kelley program uses the enemas, the sauna and the enzymes for this purpose. All must contend with this problem or the best therapy will not be effective.
To obtain Protocel, the phone number is (888) 581-4442 or it can be bought over the internet at www.webnd.com. The references at the end of this article and the Links page offer much more information about Protocel and about Dr. Koch, Dr. John Beard and the trophoblast theory. Cantron is also available via the internet.
Cautions with Protocel and Cantron. Do not combine this product with more than:
1. About 1000 mg of vitamin C daily.
2. About 50 mcg. of selenium daily.
3. About 100 mg of coenzyme-Q-10 daily.
4. About 2400 mg of kelp daily.
5. About 300 mg of omega-3 fatty acids daily.
6. Perhaps no more than about 400 iu of natural vitamin E daily.
7. Limit vitamin D to about 1000 iu daily.
This is important because higher than these doses will interfere with killing the trophoblast or cancer parasite, as it is sometimes called.
When you buy Protocel or Cantron, they include a list of these cautions, but the list above is more precise and more complete with kelp and omega-3 fatty acids.
On the other hand, products that appear to combine well with Protocel and may enhance it include the herb paw paw, bromelain, germanium 132 and larch, a flower essence.
If someone is doing conventional cancer treatment and a nutritional balancing program, and wants to add Protocel. In these cases, one should modify the nutritional balancing program to not exceed certain levels of vitamins and minerals.
To keep the amount of supplements low with Protocel, one should take a maximum of 2 Megapan tablets daily, absolutely no thyroid, thymus or adrenal glandular products, up to 4 kelp capsules daily, only 5000 iu of vitamin D per week, only 300 mg of omega-3 fatty acids daily, and only 100 mcg of selenium daily, possibly, since this is a lot. Products such as GB-3 (the digestive aid) and Paramin (a calcium/magnesium formula) do not interefere with Protocel and can be taken at the regular dosage.
THE CANCER PIONEERS
William Kelley, DDS and Jim Sheridan are just two of what I call the cancer pioneers. They are a group of brilliant scientists and clinicians that include such names as Dr. Max Gerson, Dr. Ann Wigmore, Dr. Bernard Jensen, Dr. Andre Voisin and others. They, and their quite amazing work with cancer, are the subject of a separate article on this website entitled The Cancer Pioneers.
PREVENTION IS FIRST, ALWAYS
Prevention is the first key to success with cancer. This is the one disease that is far easier to prevent than to cure in most all cases. Here is why:
1. It is a stealth illness in most cases. That is, it has few symptoms at first and in the early stages.
2. Dissolving tumors is not that easy for the human body, especially one with impaired eliminative organs. This greatly slows healing of cancer and causes many failures in natural and conventional cancer therapies. The body’s detoxification system is just overwhelmed. This is one reason a simple product described below called Protocel is helpful, in that it appears to assist the breakdown of tumors. It is also why coffee enemas are a key. Skipping them with cancer is just plain foolishness.
3. Cancer is difficult to treat at best in older people, and these are the ones who usually suffer with it.
4. Caner treatment, especially conventional treatment, has been inflated terribly due to insurance covering the cost, or most of it. However, handling cancer need not be that costly.
5. Cancer is life-threatening and will take the life if one does not stop it. Thus, just slowing it down is better than nothing, but is not enough, as it is with many other illnesses. Cancer must be stopped, as a general rule, or life will end sooner, if not later.
For all these reasons, prevention of cancer is of utmost importance. Let us discuss the three types of prevention of cancer.
Primary prevention. This consists of eating correctly, cleanliness, and drinking pure water. It also consists of balancing the body and keeping it balanced and as healthful as possible. This will delay, but not prevent most cancers.
Secondary prevention is the use of tests and procedures that may be able to detect very early cancers, long before they show up on any medical tests. These methods may include scans of various kinds. It may also include blood tests for cancer markers and hair testing as well for toxic metals, nutrient deficiencies and other imbalanced ratios.
Tertiary prevention includes any method to help mitigate cancer once it is detected. Tertiary prevention in medicine might include reducing the size of a tumor or clearing it from the body with surgery or drugs, even if one knows that the cancer is still growing elsewhere. Thus it is not the same as treating the cancer, as they say.
Beware of medical “preventive testing”. Having said this, beware of invasive and dangerous methods of “prevention”, whether primary, secondary or tertiary prevention.
X-rays of the breasts, for example, increase cancer incidence. Ultrasound or infrared thermal diagnostics, by contrast, are much safer. This is just one example of how prevention must be carefully thought out.
However, an excellent and simple blood and urine cancer screening panel is available from American Metabolic Laboratories for anyone, even without a doctor’s prescription. See the references for more information about this lab.
SAUNA THERAPY AS PRIMARY, SECONDARY AND TERTIARY PREVENTION OF CANCER
The use of a near infrared heat lamp sauna each day for half an hour or more is a simple, cost-effective method of cancer prevention. A far infrared type could be used but is not as good.
Near infrared sauna therapy helps remove two dozen toxic metals, hundreds of toxic chemicals, and often a dozen or more chronic infections in the body. It also has many other therapeutic effects.
Saunas do far more than just reduce the risk of cancer, and is not a specific cancer therapy, unless combined with other products and procedures. Thus, it can also help prevent a dozen other devastating illnesses, at least, and actually rejuvenates the body as it does so. See the article entitled Sauna Therapy for much more information about this rather amazing therapy.
If one is serious about cancer prevention, include the use of a near infrared (or a far infrared type if the near infrared is not available) as a primary preventive therapy.
To build a sauna is not difficult. Free plans are on this website at Sauna Plans. Also, we offer a book, Sauna Therapy, with more plans and we sell, at this time, an inexpensive but excellent little one-person lamp sauna for under $600.00. This is also described on this website on the page entitled Buy A Sauna.
A natural herbal remedy for skin cancer, and perhaps for others, is called black salve. It is an old Native American remedy containing bloodroot and other herbs. It is slightly irritating to the skin, but can remove cancerous and pre-cancerous moles very easily, and very inexpensively. It is available on the internet and perhaps at some health food stores.
Note: The AMA and other powerful groups do not like the competition from natural cancer therapies. Doctors who offer it are often harassed by federal agents and some lose their licenses for helping people recover from a terminal disease.
Many prominent politicians and others know about these therapies. Ronald Reagan and Betty Ford are just two among many who went abroad for alternative cancer therapies and succeeded.
REASONS FOR FAILURE WITH NATURAL CANCER THERAPIES
I will mention four factors that are common reasons for failure so that you can avoid them. These include too much stress, starting too late, the nature of cancer and the inability to follow the program exactly.
1. Stress. Try to minimize all stress in your life. Stress weakens and disturbs that body. It can include financial, social, family or other types of stressful conditions.
2. Starting too late. There can be no foolproof “cure” for cancer. Anyone who offers you one is lying. The main reason is that cancer is a stealth disease and you never know how extensive it is, no matter how many x-rays or tests are run. Also, you never know just how low your vitality level is, and vitality or adaptive energy is required to recover from cancer, as with all diseases. It takes some time to turn around any disease condition, and one never knows if one has that time. Finally, digesting and disposing of dead tumors takes a lot of the body’s energy and can be another problem, even if the cancer can be stopped.
The Kelley program and Protocel appear to help with this. Also, this is why surgery and even chemotherapy or radiation may be helpful in a few cases. It can rid the body of large tumors quickly. I would suggest combining the surgery or other conventional therapy with an alternative program, since often hidden tumors and other problems remain.
However, authorities on alternative cancer therapy tell us that chemotherapy, and especially radiation, tend to weaken the body and make cures less possible.
4. Failure to follow the program diligently. This may be the most common reason for failure. Here are some reasons this can happen:
a) Inability to do the program. This may be due to financial issues, mental confusion or even a lack of strength to carry out the instructions perfectly.
b) Altering the program. This is all too common. Doctors or patients may omit parts of the program such as coffee enemas. Others try combining programs, often with disastrous results. As a rule, avoid changing or omitting anything that is required, even if you don’t understand it. These programs are the product of literally years of research and you are not likely to improve them.
Holistic physicians, often with little real experience with cancer, are among the worst offenders here. They may attend a seminar or workshop and suddenly feel they can do better than the masters. Adding extra products also often wrecks a program, and the reasons can be subtle. Be very careful about this.
c) Lack of adequate supervision. This is also common. Always consult someone who is 1) well-trained in your therapy, 2) has at least 10 years experience with cancer and 3) has a nutrition background.
Doctors who help people with cancer must be available for phone calls, at least, and should supervise patients carefully. Remember, cancer is not a simple illness in most cases.
In fact, cancer is more like a climb up a steep slope where you cannot see the goal clearly at first. There are wrong turns and hazards to avoid, so use care in whom you choose as your guide and keep in close communication when necessary.
d) Lack of commitment. The Kelley program, in particular, but any natural approach, takes commitment. It will usually not be easy sailing at all times and one must persist, even when it seems like things are not going well. This occurs during what are called healing reactions, for example. for more on this critical subject, read Retracing And Healing Reactions on this website.
e) Quitting too soon. This is another common problem. One must stay with the natural therapy a year, usually, after obvious tumors have shrunk or one feels much better.
Otherwise, relapses can occur since cancer is a degenerative condition. Plan on staying on your therapy for several years, at least. The diet and lifestyle should be lifelong choices.
f) Lack of support systems. This, too, occurs often with alternative cancer approaches, more than with any other illness I am aware of. Some people feel they must have the support of their families, the media and the medical world. Otherwise they feel uncomfortable with their cancer regimen.
Alternative methods do not offer this. For best success, one must be far more independent of the attitudes of others, realizing that they are usually terribly uninformed, and often frightened and depressed.
g) Lack of faith in the program. If you believe strongly in someone or something, you will tend to relax, follow orders better and have a better attitude. If you think you are wasting your time and money, no approach will be as effective.
For this reason, watch out with whom you speak or share your plight and your plans. Thoughtless or stray words from doctors and others can have a great influence on one who is ill. Seek help from a counselor or pastor who understands you and your program if you feel you need it, as many do.
h) Reduced will to live. Cancer often causes a person to question the will to live. In fact, it is one of cancer’s blessings. It forces a person to examine why he or she wants to be well at all. This is a challenge for those who have not examined their lives carefully, or who have lived less than wholesome lives.
WHAT IF YOU ARE NOT SUCCEEDING?
If the program you have chosen is not causing any changes within a few weeks, even subtle ones described below, it may not be working. Fortunately, with the therapies in this article, this rarely happens. Early changes may be subtle and even have little to do with your tumor or cancer. They may be emotional improvements, for example.
For example, you may have more energy, feel happier or have less pain, even if the tumor has not changed. In fact, do not expect your tumor or even your general health to change quickly in many cases. Only with the therapies mentioned in this article and perhaps a few others, tumors often temporarily grow larger for a while. Tests such as x-rays and blood tests may also look worse, at times. This can be part of the process of tumor necrosis or destruction of the cancer. So, be sure to work with someone who understands this.
Therefore, do not just pay attention to x-rays or other medical tests, which often cannot detect subtle changes inside tumors. However, if there are no changes at all, even subtle ones, don’t waste your time on something that is not working. Stop what you are doing and change to a different approach. The exception here is that when a healing reaction or retracing is taking place, one must stick with the program. This is difficult, and this is where a professional who understands the program deeply will be of great help. During all retracings, one’s judgment is affected and everyone needs outside help to see their way through.
HOW TO ENHANCE THESE PROGRAMS
Here are a few keys to success that may not be emphasized enough by some books or practitioners.
1. Rest a lot more. This is primary. Rest will help any healing process. Go to bed by 8:30 PM each night, nap each afternoon and try to get 9 to 12 hours of sleep daily between these two. The early hours of the evening are the best times for rest.
2. Drink three to four quarts of quality spring water each day. Of these, distilled water is the finest for detoxification, bar none. However, we use it usually only for up to a year, and then switch to spring water because too much distilled water will eventually start to remove some vital minerals from the body.
The next best is carbon filtered tap water. Be sure to change the filters every six months or more often. Reverse osmosis water and alkaline waters of all kinds are never recommended. RO water does not seem to hydrate the body nearly as well. Alkaline water will provide positive benefits at first, but for long term use they poison the body with platinum or other toxic metals, in my experience, and should be strictly avoided.
3. Perhaps do an extra coffee enema and/or an sauna session. These will not, in our experience, interfere at all with Protocel and they are an important part of the Kelley program. However, the use of a near infrared light sauna was added very late in Dr. Kelley’s life, so many practitioners do not know about its benefits.
Stay away from far infrared saunas, especially those with large carbon heaters. I believe they are emitting frequencies that may be harmful. Most saunas can be converted to a near infrared sauna by just adding the heat lamps to it.
4. Stay positive. The cancer cells themselves actually secrete substances that may contribute to depression or discouragement. Purification reactions that are, in fact, beneficial can also cause fear. At times, these can unnerve even the most stable and dedicated person.
However, research by the Simontons and other doctors indicates that staying positive is critical for the best success. Here are several ways to do this:
a) Read all you can about your program. It can help you to have faith and understanding of what you are doing and why.
b) Do your best to concentrate on the positive and ignore the negative feelings. This may seem impossible, but is a skill that can be learned. It involves letting go of the negative because you realize it is just “old tapes” playing over and over in your head. After a while, they begin to just fade away.
c) Use whatever works to stay positive. This might include uplifting books, CDs or movies or talking with positive friends. It may also be taking walks in the woods or a park, meditating or any other helpful and healthful activity.
The article on my website entitled Reflections On The Twenty-Third Psalm can also be helpful. This particular affirmation was and is very inspiring for thousands throughout the ages.
d) Think spiritually. This means to know you are more than your physical body that is ill. This is what I mean by “think spiritually”. It allows us to have a greater love for the self and for the world as well. Some ways to act spiritually are to go to church or other groups, or to read and study about it. Many avenues are all around you.
5. Meditate in a special way. I strongly advise all cancer patients to use a specific meditation-observation exercise. I learned it from a man named Roy Masters, who offers it on a compact disc or tape at www.fhu.com or by calling 1-800-877-3227. I also offer a similar exercise wit some enhancements on a CD for $9.00 plus shipping.
The exercise takes some time and patience to practice daily. However, it is excellent and very grounding, an important factor for those with cancer. I credit my own health recovery in large measure to doing this exercise daily, which I still do. To learn more, see the article on my website entitled Meditation and also one entitled Letting Go.
6. Be realistic and grounded. Always keep in touch with your practitioner. Cancer is not a do-it-yourself proposition at all. Not all reactions mean you are healing, by any means.
For several years I followed a natural hygiene regimen of mostly vegetarian raw food. I developed rashes and other symptoms that I believed were indicators of healing and others agreed.
In fact, I was becoming more ill. It cost me dearly in terms of my health and may have contributed to cancer later. A lady I was dating finally convinced me to quit the regimen. I had surrounded myself with others who thought like me, but the method simply didn’t work, in spite of my best efforts to follow the regimen faithfully.
This is why I only recommend working with someone who has an excellent reputation with cancer patients, not a general type of practitioner. Healing cancer with any approach is challenging, even for a seasoned practitioner. For this reason, I do not work with cancer. It is just not my specialty and I admire those who have made it theirs.
Unrealistic thinking and approaches will get you killed with cancer. I know that may sound like the AMA speaking, but please be warned. Be open-minded but never rigid, if possible. If you are not succeeding, something has to change. Do not stay with a program if it is obviously not working for you.
Finally, remember that miracles occur with any method. This is always true, regardless of your method or approach. However, they are not common. So use your common sense at all times when dealing with cancer.
HAIR ANALYSIS PATTERNS SEEN OFTEN WITH CANCER
Certain metabolic patterns that are visible on a properly performed and properly interpreted hair mineral analysis are more associated with cancer. Here are those that occur most often, though there are others as well.
A SODIUM/POTASSIUM RATIO LESS THAN 2
Dr. Paul Eck noted that on a properly performed hair mineral analysis in which the hair is not washed at the laboratory that a sodium/potassium ratio less than 2.5 is associated with an impaired immune response. As the ratio becomes lower, the tendency for immune deficiency and malignancy increases.
Excessive activity of the sympathetic nervous system inhibits healing in at least five different ways. If this factor is not dealt with, no therapy will be too effective. The tendency to overuse the sympathetic nervous system, which we call sympathetic dominance, is often unconscious. This only makes it worse, because the person thinks he or she is just living “normally”, but in fact the person is stuck in a trap or vicious cycle of tissue breakdown or catabolism due to the overuse of the sympathetic nervous system. I tell people it is as though they believe they are being chased by a pack of tigers all the time. This inhibits digestion, elimination and the immune response severely, and slowly tears down the body.
On a hair mineral test, it is indicated by a potassium level of 4 mg% or less, or three or four highs pattern with a slightly elevated sodium/potassium ratio. Secondary indicators are an elevated sodium/potassium ratio by itself, and/or an elevated calcium/magnesium ratio if the sodium/potassium ratio is high.
Pancreatic enzymes and Protocel may actually help to correct this tendency, and this may account for some of the feelings of fatigue that people with active cancer may feel for a time on these products. Coffee enemas and sauna therapy is also excellent to counteract sympathetic dominance. Sympathetic dominance is a very critical subject. To read more, about it, read Sympathetic Dominance.
FOUR LOWS AND CANCER
This pattern is also quite dangerous to one’s health and may be associated with the development of cancer.
ELEVATED COPPER, CALCIUM AND CADMIUM
A copper level greater than about 10 mg%, a calcium level greater than 400 mg%, or a cadmium level above about 0.03 mg%, are other possible cancer indicators on a properly performed hair mineral analysis. As these correct, the likelihood of cancer will decrease, in my experience.
OTHER TOXIC METALS OR SEVERE VITAL MINERAL DEFICIENCIES
Very high levels of mercury, lead, arsenic, nickel or other toxic metals may be associated with the development of cancer. Very low levels of zinc, for example, may also indicate a severely impaired immune response. More research is needed on the specifics of these indicators.
COMBINATIONS OF PATTERNS AND PERSISTENT PATTERNS
If more than one of the above patterns are present, it may reinforce a tendency for malignancy. Also, if a pattern persists, it is more likely a tendency for malignancy than if it just appears on a single hair mineral analysis.
1. American Metabolic Laboratories, (Florida) (954) 929-4814. They offer an interesting panel of cancer tests without a prescription for under $500.00, at this time.
2. Beard, John, The Trophobastic Theory Of Cancer, 1902.
3. Bearden, T.E., Cancer And The Unresolved Health Issues In The Biological Effects Of Electromagnetic Fields And Radiation, Association of Distinguished American Scientists, Huntsville, AL,1993.
4. Cancer Control Society, 2043 N. Berendo St. Los Angeles, CA 90027, (323) 663-7801. (resource group for alternative cancer therapies that holds annual conventions and more. Too much information at times.)
5. Day, L., MD, Cancer Doesn’t Scare Me Any More, DVD, (800) 574-2437 or www.drday.com (personal story of a surgeon and her cancer recovery with natural methods).
6. Gerson, M., A Cancer Therapy, Results of 50 Cases, Totality Books, CA, 1977. (Dr. Gerson was a pioneer of natural approaches to cancer. I don’t recommend his therapy, however, as it is older and results appear to be better with Kelley’s methods).
7. Kelley, W.D., One Answer To Cancer, College of Metabolic Medicine, 1974 through 1999 editions.
8. Koch, W.F., Cancer And Its Allied Diseases, 1929, Natural Immunity, 1939 and The Survival Factor in Neoplastic and Viral Diseases, 1961 (brilliant books and a little more technical).
9. Moss, R.W, The Cancer Industry, Equinox Press, NY, 1999 (Dr. Moss was employed by Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital and writes about his experiences).
10. Pierce, T.H., Outsmart Your Cancer, Thoughtworks Publishing, 2004. (excellently written overview of the cancer problem and natural approaches, with exciting case histories)
11. Quillin, P. and Quillin, N., Beating Cancer with Nutrition, Nutrition Times Press, 1997.
12. Sackman, R., Rethinking Cancer, Non-Traditional Approaches to the Theories, Treatments and Prevention of Cancer, Square One Publishers, Garden City Park, NY, 2003. (ex excellent book by someone who has worked with cancer patients for almost 40 years).
13. Sackman, R., Rethinking Cancer DVD, Foundation of Alternative Cancer Therapies, 212-741-2790. (DVD to be released soon. Excellent long-term case histories, by the patients themselves)
14. Simington, O.C. and S.M., Getting Well Again, Bantam Books, NY. (excellent book about attitudes and cancer).